TO SPRINT OR NOT TO SPRINT

Subject: TO SPRINT OR NOT TO SPRINT
From: BillK5GA@aol.com (BillK5GA@aol.com)
Date: Thu Feb 16 14:52:00 1995
After reading a couple of these letters concerning the northeast boys not
enjoying sprint, I'm ready to throw-up.

The basic thing I get out of reading their letters is that they think a real
contester is defined by one technique,,,,pushing F1 all weekend long. These
boys don't know how to really "WORK" a contest. The sprint teaches how to
"WORK" a contest and to obtain maximum results. It teaches how to "WORK" two
or three bands at once but still maintaining single-op status. It teaches how
to MAXIMIZE multipliers count. It teaches superior MENTAL abilities, for
example, listening to two radios simutaneously with one radio in each ear. It
teaches how to respond to instanteous situations without missing a beat.

One poor soul said something about learning how to handle a pileup!!! Down
here learning to handle a pileup is just elementary basic stuff. Whenever we
do a multi operation, "RUNNERS" are considered as common operators because we
can teach them the use of the F1 and INS keys very quickly. Call recognition
simply comes with a year or two of operating.

I suggest you NE boys learn how to really contest. There is more to the art
contesting than hitting F1 all weekend. There are no geographical advantages
in sprint, so if you guys think that you're superior, then PROVE it. The
sprint contest is a good place to TRY.

73,

Bill    K5GA