Two Radio Contesting Ques...

Subject: Two Radio Contesting Ques...
From: K4JPD@aol.com (K4JPD@aol.com)
Date: Tue Apr 4 08:07:06 1995
I use the FT-1000 and I search and pounce on the same band with the same
radio.  If I have a clear frequency for CQing I will call CQ and listen on
that freq while tuning the rest of the band with the sub-receiver.

Keeping the same frequency is great for CQing, so once you have been put out
on packet in EU, all of the dipole/vertical crowd can come by and work you.

BTW, I have a second radio but have never used it.  Operating one radio is
confusing enough for me.  Personally, I feel if someone has enough
cordination to use a half-a dozen at once, more power to him!
73
Steve