[To: WILLIAM_B_LUMNITZER: Re: ag6k (n6cq comments)]

Subject: [To: WILLIAM_B_LUMNITZER: Re: ag6k (n6cq comments)]
From: Waltk@PICA.ARMY.MIL (Waltk@PICA.ARMY.MIL)
Date: Thu Apr 13 17:03:46 1995
Bill N6CQ writes:

> I obtained the accompanying unpublished rebuttal to the technical
> correspondence from AG6K who asked me to diseminate it on the internet.

Fantastic news! I am so happy that Rich is getting "his day in court."
The League should be ashamed of itself for not publishing his rebuttal.
I guess the League is above us all and doesn't have to abide by basic
democratic principals.  In the professional world a journal is the
appropriate vehicle to have this type of discourse. Well, I guess the
League is *really* are "devoted to the _amateur_" - no professionalism
in this magazine.

The recent discourse on the antenna usenet group was very interesting,
inspired and challenged many long held assumptions about SWR, conjugate
matching, antennas tuners and the like. Now that was an interesting
unfolding of ideas. I guess one can't unfold anything in front of the ARRL
lest they become gun shy in front of their advertisers. How does the
phrase go? "Absolute power, corrupts absolutely."  I guess the League
feels it has absolute power, once again and can ignore their constituents.
A sad day. Flame suit on...

73 de Walt Kornienko  -   K2WK          Internet:   waltk@pica.army.mil
DX PacketCluster:  K2WK > W3MM (FRC)    Packet:  K2WK@N2ERH.NJ.USA.NOAM
Member: The Frankford Radio Club        #1 Contest Club In The Universe