RS232 INTERFACE

Subject: RS232 INTERFACE
From: W8FN@aol.com (W8FN@aol.com)
Date: Sun Apr 16 17:25:36 1995
If you don't want the hassle of building an interface but want to save a few
bucks, the MFJ 5338 (?) works well for about $45-50. It uses the computer's
port for power and is just looks like a port cable with a DBM-25 plug on one
end and the appropriate radio connector on the other. They come in Icom,
Kenwood and Yaesu versions. Although there are different versions, they all
have the same innards and the instruction sheet shows how to rewire the board
for other radio types.
J-Com (Ramsey Electronics) also sells the same thing, but their prices are
higher -- I think $60.

Randy, W8FN
W8FN@aol.com