Contest rules & RE: AB6FO Results, etc...

Subject: Contest rules & RE: AB6FO Results, etc...
From: tigger@prairienet.org (Sean E. Kutzko)
Date: Fri Jun 2 00:08:26 1995

John, W3GOI, Wrote:

>I have noticed that the rules of non-ARRL contests that are printed in
>QST are sometimes less than complete and can be misleading.  I made it
>a point to get the CQWPX rules (via FAX, thanks!) right before this
>last contest and am glad that I did.  I don't want to start a
>conspiracy theory, but I would think that complete rules should be given
>in QST for ALL major contests, ARRL-sponsored or not.

I would agree here...if it's not an ARRL-sponsored contest, BE SURE to get
the rules from the proper source; don't count on QST.

I believe it was the 1991 WPX SSB Contest that QST actually published the
WRONG WEEKEND. We fell victim to the typo, and so did a lot of others.
Fortunately, they erred a week EARLY. We learned our lesson.

Sean

--
Sean Kutzko                                          Amateur Radio: KF9PL
Urbana, IL                                           DXCC:302 worked/296 cfmd