TS-940

Subject: TS-940
From: KE6BER@aol.com (KE6BER@aol.com)
Date: Wed Jun 28 16:45:24 1995
Sorry to send this to the entire forum, I was unable to reach the author
directly.

I own a TS-940S, and I will admit, I am just getting into contesting.  I
can't vouch from personal experience how it is for contesting, but I knwo
several contesting friends who do use them, and they seem to be very happy
with them, and post good scores in their catagory (although much of thatis
operating skill, ant, etc. )  As far as PC control, that is possible with the
use of a Kenwood IF-232 interface.  I am told though that the radio has to
have a set of chips in it that some of the first 940's did not come standard
with, and Kenwood no longer sells.  I bought my 940 used and it had the
necessary chips in it, and it had an IF-232 unit with it.  I love the
computer control, although I have no used it to it's fullest extent, or in a
contest situation.

Hope this information helps.

73 de Al, KE6BER