Inflated Field Day scores

Subject: Inflated Field Day scores
From: Dave_Hoaglin_at_CAM1@abtassoc.com (Dave_Hoaglin_at_CAM1@abtassoc.com)
Date: Wed Jun 28 20:30:18 1995
Several postings have calculated Field Day scores by using 4 points
for each CW QSO and 2 points for each SSB QSO (and then applying a
power mutliplier of 2).  The rules say 2 points per CW contact and 1
point per phone contact.  It seems that someone's software already
factors the power multiplier into the number of points that it shows
for QSOs.

When it comes to Field Day scores, we have to live with "small is
beautiful" (compared to, say, scores in CQWW)!

Dave, K8JLF    dave_hoaglin@abtassoc.com