AA4NC IARU SCORE

Subject: AA4NC IARU SCORE
From: AA4NC@aol.com (AA4NC@aol.com)
Date: Mon Jul 10 19:27:00 1995
         WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING SUNSPOTS!!!!!!!!

This contest conditions must have been good, because I gave up my Lynrd
Skynrd concert tickets (with backstage passes) to operate it! That's a pretty
good testimonial from a native redneck southerner. I had planned to operate
until the evening, when I just KNEW that the bands would roll over and play
dead, then go to the concert. I didn't count on running 40m CW at over 110 an
hour and the high bands still open at that time, so I decided this might be
fun after all...

AA4NC IARU (single op mixed mode)

1687 Qs x  159 mults  = 965,522

Stuff Used:
FT990 / Amp Supply LK500
IC 736 (barefoot)

10: 6 el. @ 80'
15: 4/4 @ 90'/45'
20: 4 el. @ 120'
40: Mosley PRO67 @ 70' (also 2nd radio antenna for 10-20)
80: inv. vee @ 120'
160: inv. vee @ 120'

EXCUSES:

1. Thought the RF problem in my keyboard on 20m would be a good excuse, until
I saw WB2K had to reboot his computer after every QSO. Now he's definitely a
hamaholic mutant to continue operating through that!!

2. My band played the night before, so I got only 4 hours of sleep prior to
the contest, and no sleep for the 24 hours of the 'test. By 0900Z on Sunday,
I was hallucinating and singing "Free Bird" on 80m phone.

3. Again this year, Publisher's Clearing House cruelly got my hopes up with
that "You are definitely a finalist" letter, only to give the $10 Million to
one Dora Mae Finkelstein of Norris, S.D. Therfore I still don't have my 6 el.
full size yagis on 160 and 80 yet. I'm sure that is why I always keep coming
in behind HA0MM.

One cool thing happened - a band roadie stayed at my house and mowed my lawn
while I operated - does that put me in the single op "assisted" category??

73 Y'all

Will Roberts  AA4NC