ARRL\QST\KC2X

Subject: ARRL\QST\KC2X
From: ALGRITZAE2T@delphi.com (ALGRITZAE2T@delphi.com)
Date: Fri Jul 21 18:07:35 1995
> Is it me, or does anyone else have a hard time dealing with
>the fact that QST makes NO MENTION WHATSOEVER on its August,
>1995 cover of either the 10M 'test, or the RTTY test?  The
>results of both are contained inside!  I suppose those $150
>DSP kits, or "Three simple projects to build this weekend"
>REALLY ARE way more interesting than the results of couple of
>dumb ole' contests...  The League can say what they will
>about their support of radiosport competition in Amateur
>Radio, but I'm a firm believer in the "Money Talks" cliche.
>I believe that the ARRL has said quite a bit about its
>position on contesting right there on the cover of the
>August, 1995.  QST.  Ladies and Gentlemen, if you agree with
>me, get out your keyboards, typewriters, pens/paper or
>whatever and get writing to your Director, and HQ.  I've got
>a letter to write.  73, Steve KC2X

Now that the ARRL is selling QST on the newstands, they
obviously
are putting on the cover whatever they think will sell copies.
Since
anyone interested in contest results is already a ham and an
active one
at that, the assumption is they probably subscribe already, or
at least
might know to expect the contest results inside. Cover space is
reserved
for info aimed at the non-ham/new-ham/non-member who might see
QST
on the newstand.

I guess we're lucky they print contest results at all.

73 - Al AE2T

New address: AE2T@wny.com