K0SF TOWER CUP: Need Data on Bird Strike

Subject: K0SF TOWER CUP: Need Data on Bird Strike
From: tigger@prairienet.org (Sean E. Kutzko)
Date: Thu Aug 31 23:48:07 1995

>Fred Laun wrote:
>"...big flocks of blackbirds form up and head south over my QTH."
>and
>"I am not aware of any birds having been killed or injured in collisions
>with my three towers..."

Somebody once told me that if birds are still flying through your yard,
you don't have enough antennas up.

Maybe the bird problem is only a symptom of a larger, more serious
situation?  :)

Sean

--
Sean Kutzko                                          Amateur Radio: KF9PL
Urbana, IL                                           DXCC:304 worked/299 cfmd

From: Rick Niswander <AONISWAN@ECUVM.CIS.ECU.EDU> (Rick Niswander)
Subject: Sprint

     The September Sprints are getting close.  CW is a week from now (the
weekend of the 9th) and Phone is a week later (weekend of the 16th).  Make
plans now.
     Start getting your teams together.  If you want to send me your team
info for Phone you can use e-mail, telephone, even US mail.  Just make
sure you get me the info prior to the start of the contest.  Leaving a
message on the answering machine is also ok.
     CU in the Sprints.  Listen hard.

               Rick, K7GM       aoniswan@ecuvm.cis.ecu.edu