CQ Rules confusion

Subject: CQ Rules confusion
From: N3ADL@aol.com (N3ADL@aol.com)
Date: Thu Oct 12 19:33:22 1995
Greetings es Salutations!!
    I refrain from addressing this forum as it sometimes gets cluttered with
 non contest stuff which is better left to Amir's reflector but there is
something  that needs to be discussed. There has been some confusion as to
the rules for upcoming CQ contests I'd like to get squared away so there are
no misunderstandings. Among the things that need to be discussed and claified
are things like Internet access to packetcluster, over the air spotting for
DXpeditions, the use of multiple calls at M/M's, the removal of points for
unique calls etc. It seems as if there have been conflicting reports in the
last couple of months as to what is legal and what is not and what was not
legal a month or so ago is now legal. My feelings are that WHAT IS PRINTED IN
CQ AS THE RULES SHOULD BE THE RULES...PERIOD! There should be no room for
interpretation!!!  We here in FRC land have heard that the COMPLETE rules
have not been printed in CQ and that one must buy K3EST's book to get them
among other rumors. Most of us in the US know that there have been rules
changes since the printed version came out. What then does the guy in S.
Africa do that does not have the media rescources to know of these changes??
GUESS ?? This is the best contest on the planet but this needs to be
addressed so that we are all playing on the same level playing field and
contest scores not disqualified or altered for rules not published or left
for interpretation by contest organizers that do indeed have an interest in
the outcome of the contest, especially, the "Club" category. This is not
questioning anyones integrity so save the flames for the "net" addicts but
lets get ALL of the cards on the table and play according to Hoyle. Making
rules changes on the fly and failing to make them explicitly clear reeks of
ineptness and has the potential to breed ill will.

                                                     73 de Doug  V26DX @ V26B