Cushcraft 402CD

Subject: Cushcraft 402CD
From: W8FN@aol.com (W8FN@aol.com)
Date: Tue Oct 17 23:18:39 1995
I've been using a 40-2CD since about 1985, and haven't had a bit of trouble
with it. I guess Ohio isn't a real challenging environment, but so far I've
had no problems related to its mechanical properties. When I moved to my new
house in 1987 the plan was to eventually replace the 402CD (at about 90' over
a KLM 10-6) with a BIG 40 on a BIG tower. However, several contest operations
proved that we could work anything we could hear with the Cushcraft,  and
plans for a bigger 40M antenna have been abandoned. I'v e worked over 200
countries on 40 with it. I did use a Hy-Gain 402BA prior to getting the
Cushcraft antenna, and there's no contest. The Hy-Gain had an extremely
narrow bandwidth and LOTS of mechanical problems related to the goofy stub

Randy, W8FN