WANTED: Clean Sweep

Subject: WANTED: Clean Sweep
From: jnichols@ednet1.osl.or.gov (John D. Nicholson)
Date: Wed Nov 15 13:38:10 1995

All those responding may direct their calls to K7FD
this weekend...  :)

CU!

73, K7FD

P.S. My president will be Q, czech will be 67 and the
     state, as always, confused.

From: kp4xs@ix.netcom.com (Kenneth Ramirez ) (Kenneth Ramirez )
Subject: NCJ RTTY ARTICLE

    I responded to Randy,K5ZD, directly about how boring I thought a
RTTY contest was but S56A,A.K.A. N1YU has changed my thinking a bit.
     I tried a RTTY Multi/Multi from W3LPL a few years ago and I was
bored to the point of silliness. I thought about dozens of different
excuses that would somehow get me out of there before I lost my mind.
I wound up with one of the biggest headaches I have ever had;Probably
due to constantly looking at the 2 different monitors.One was for RTTY
stuff and the other for CT logging. Anyway, the headache sent me home.
Now after reading S56As comments I believe that the reason that RTTY
contest left me with a bad taste was because of where I was operating
from. I was at one of the biggest,baddest M/M stations in the world!
   The W3LPL contest station has such a vast array of
antennas,towers,etc.,that a RTTY contest becomes simple. You just call
CQ,have the loudest signal when calling and saturate the 5 bands with
the call.  I could have typed on the rtty keyboard and sent,
 "CQ de pl", and the response would have been,"w3lpl w3lpl w3lpl 599
599 599 kkk". Frank's station is a killer in a RTTY contest! Call it
the "KODAK" station. You just point and shoot! Takes all the fun out of
getting squashed by all the other powerful RTTY stations. You don't
have to worry about band conditions. You make your own. I guess I'll
have to give RTTY another chance using 100 watts and a small tribander
and see if there IS some skill involved in RTTY contesting and If the
boredom is relieved. It probably won't hurt to keep a bottle of Tylenol
handy too. 73 Ken kp4xs AKA-kh2f