K0OD 40-Meter CQWW CW Score

Subject: K0OD 40-Meter CQWW CW Score
From: k0od@ix.netcom.com (k0od@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sat Dec 2 13:00:07 1995
For the third year in a row I was single band on 40-meters, high Power,
unassisted.  My rig has remained virtually unchanged for the past three
years: TS-850, AL-1200, and ground mounted 4-square. This was my best
year on 40 ever, but my little 4-square is no match for big, high Yagis,
especially when it comes to running DX. I had 900 fewer Qs than K4VX/0,
but 2 more zones! Though, into Chile, I think I did as well as anyone on
40...zip! (did anyone get zone 12 on 40?)

My highpoint of the test was snagging JT1T in zone 23 to complete WAZ on
that band after years of trying. Working HS7AS an hour before the end of
the contest was a thrill, too.

The only problem with the test was a dearth of activity in Latin America.
You'll notice that most 40-meter scores were fairly puny in terms of
countries this year, and I think that can be blamed 100% on inactivity to
the South.

 QSOs: 553. Zones: 37 (no 12,22,or 28) Countries:  109  Rough Score:
223,000

       -----------------------------
       Jeff  K0OD St. Louis, MO  USA
        e-mail:  k0od@ix.netcom.com
       -----------------------------

From: oo7@astro.as.utexas.edu (Derek Wills) (Derek Wills)
Subject: CAC Address?

     >We also have a list of callsigns that were CQing in the
     >DX window last night.  ( I was operating from KC8MK )

This is sort of funny, as I heard KC8MK CQing on 1832.6 in CQWW,
and refusing to budge after several people (not I) asked them to
move out of the DX window.   W0SD and N2NU were CQing in the window
at about the same time but were persuaded to move.

Perhaps it's not illegal, and not all ops there are equally to
blame, but I did think this post was a bit pot/kettle/black, no?
I wouldn't have mentioned it otherwise....

Derek "making friends on top band" AA5BT
oo7@astro.as.utexas.edu