ARRL 160

Subject: ARRL 160
From: RFPWR@aol.com (RFPWR@aol.com)
Date: Sun Dec 3 09:13:40 1995
CALLSIGN:  N8RR
Entry Category: Multioperator (N8RR plus packet)
Section: Louisiana

Hours Operated:      9.3
ARRL Sections:       74     (Missed VE5,VY1,KP2)
Countries:               16
Total Mults:             90
QSO's :                444
Score:               85050

Station:    FT1000D/LK800
               Antenna- 130' Inv L
               (#16 wire run up the side of my tower-
               100' vertical and  30' horizontal-
               fed direct with 72 ohm hardline with a
               tuner in the shack-6 130' radials).
               RX Antennas:20 M quad and 80M inv vee.

A casual operation... goal was to work all states
 on 160 and what DX I could hear. Also first
 attempt to use packet to help spot mults.
 Picked up about 5 or 6 mults this way, but
 found most of them again later. Probably
won't use packet again in a contest, although
 I see how it could be fun working contests with
 friends this way.

About 85% S&P.....not enough confidence in
my RX capabilities to do a lot of CQ ing, the
 L was noisy on RX. My apologies to anyone
 who answered my CQ if I couldn't hear you.

There were a lot of US stations CQing in the window.

73, Chas N8RR