80M Propagation Report

Subject: 80M Propagation Report
From: PaulKB8N@aol.com (PaulKB8N@aol.com)
Date: Fri Dec 29 12:03:32 1995
With ARRL DX CW just over a month away, conditions seem to be peaking on 80m.
 Last night from 0700-0900Z, I witnessed the best DX conditions ever in my
two years at this STx QTH.  I worked a string of Europeans, all on the first
call, with Ron, GW3YDX, remarkably strong with his Omni 6/ETO 91B
combination.  As daylight started taking out the Europeans and I was signing
with the last G3 breaking the noise level, I grabbed a UA0, who was coming
through at a solid S-6.

Setup here is 100W to a slanting delta loop with apex up at about 35', and
lower corner fed, with the base of the delta averaging about 4-5 feet off the
ground.  Its usually a struggle to work any DX with this combination....hope
conditions stay this good for ARRL DX.  There might be some hope for us small
pistols!

73, Paul, KB8N