CC&R's , a growing danger to contesting

Subject: CC&R's , a growing danger to contesting
From: David L. Thompson" <thompson@mindspring.com (David L. Thompson)
Sorry for this bandwidth, but CC&R's are growing and we are in danger.  All
new subdivisions in Seattle and Metro Atlanta have them and now in my area
homeowners are banding into umbrella groups call "Civic" associations that
I hope someone can help Tom as he moves to Seattle!

73, Dave K4JRB
--------------------------------------------------------------------de:
rec.radio.amateur.antenna

My wife and I were up in Seattle this past week on a house hunting trip.
We looked mainly on the east side, from Issaquah to Redmond.  There were a
lot of very nice homes.  All of the new developments have CC&R's against
antennas of any kind.  We looked everywhere, both old and new.  The best
CC&R's we could find allowed antennas up to 20' above the ridge line of
the roof, but no separate towers.

I was surprised to not see any ham radio antennas the two days we drove
around (and I looked hard).  I saw very very few TV antennas on houses,
for that matter.

Are there hams in Seattle? :-)  If so, what are you doing about antennas?

Thanks,
Tom AA6BR
--
Tom Taylor AA6BR