KT-34A

Subject: KT-34A
From: David_B_Curtis@ccm11.sc.intel.com (David_B_Curtis@ccm11.sc.intel.com)
Date: Thu Feb 22 09:15:27 1996

de wa2syn:
>  ... and when you get all your parts (prepare to
> spend at least twice the time they claim to put it together),

twice?? As I recall from several years ago when I had one, the
instructions said to allow 8 hours for a KT-34XA, and it took me
more like 4X, working carefully. ("Measure twice, cut once", school
of construction.)

I only had it up for a year before moving from that house, but
FWIW, it was a good performer and survived one Minnesota winter
very well.  One thing... the KT34-XA is not torque balanced, so
it is quite a weather vane. Get a rotator with good brakes. (Only a
problem with XA, I suspect.)

73, Dave NG0X