QRM from a Delta Loop

Subject: QRM from a Delta Loop
From: Bill Fisher, KM9P" <km9p@akorn.net (Bill Fisher, KM9P)

I'm in the process of hopefully eliminating all of my interstation
interference.  The last big problem is a delta loop on 80 that seems to
trash 40, 20, and 15m.  I have two 1/4 wave shorted stubs in line (80m of
course).  It is fed with 1/2 CATV hardline and a short piece of RG-11U
jumper at the top to feed the antenna.  It has about 8 or 9 of the (what I
call) KM1H bead baluns over the coax at the antenna.  The tower has 2
204BA's, 2 402CD's, a 105CA at the top, and 160M sloping vertical in
addition to the 80m delta loop.

If anyone has experience and can point me the right direction, I would
appreciate it.

Oh.. Tomorrow I'm going to ground all of the hardline that runs up this
tower at the base of the tower to an 8' ground rod.  If this doesn't help, I
am going to order a W2DU type balun for the antenna.  I keep thinking the
coax/hardline could be radiating.  Today, I also brought all of my coaxs
through a bulk head at the shack and grounded it to an 8' ground rod, and
put dual shorted stubs on 40 and 20 also.

Thanks

Bill