N6TR Comments CQ 160 SSB contest & Hogging a frequency

Subject: N6TR Comments CQ 160 SSB contest & Hogging a frequency
From: Spike Lazar <slazar19@sgi.net> (Spike Lazar)
> N6TR:
> I guess it would be nice to come up with a magic formula that minimizes
> having to monopolize spectrum to work guys at 15/20 an hour all night long,
> and shutting out fresh meat.  Without that, I guess I will have
> to take advantage of such opportunities as they come along to maximize
> the number of stations I can hand out QSOs to.

> KM9P:
> I've always thought that there should be a rule in contesting... If you
> don't work someone in 10 CQ's and someone calls you on it, you MUST move.
> Then we'd find out who the ops are and those that are not.  Or at least
> we'de shake things up a bit.  Doubt K1AR would have to move from 14.150.5
> though.

Since the 160 meter contests are monobanders, the activity just doesn't
justify a two day event. Especially with three major 160 events almost
back to back.

You run good rates the first day and waste spectrum the second by endless
cq's. If all of us endless cq'ers qsy above 1900, it will just repeat itself
at the top end of the band, nothing is gained nothing is lost. Less than
10% of the participants in this contest put in a full time effort, so whats
the sense of another marathon?

In the beginning this contest was a good idea at the time, but the
participants, equipment and antennas have evolved, and who really knows
what the purpose of the contest is now?, It has the least strategy of
any major event! (My strategy is to sleep with my nose on F1)

Stop the insanity, let me out of this rubber room (160 meters), help they're
coming to take me away away, they're coming to take me away! (FHG)

                     Sincerely

                     Dr. Bafoofnik, **** (call witheld by asylum keeper)