N6TR Comments CQ 160 SSB contest & Hogging a frequency

Subject: N6TR Comments CQ 160 SSB contest & Hogging a frequency
From: N3ADL@aol.com (N3ADL@aol.com)
Date: Tue Feb 27 08:36:10 1996
Perhaps the prevailing contest organizers should consider moving the CQ 160
contest to a different weekend! To those of us who eat,drink, and breath
contesting having three contest back to back to back is a strain on the
family life. There has to be a free weekend somewhere along the season to
move the 160 contest so that some of our peers are not hauled into divorce
court. (I sure would miss her!) The same goes for CQ when it falls on
Thanksgiving weekend. For CQ 160 since it is a DX test perhaps a maximim
hours rule be added so that one would work from say 2000 to 0600 and not have
the endless CQ's into dead air during the daytime that we have now. Just a
thought..or two.
                                                         73 de Doug // N3ADL