TIC Ringrotor problem

Subject: TIC Ringrotor problem
From: John D. Allen" <jallen@vhfcom.com (John D. Allen)
> All of a sudden my TIC Ring wouldn't rotate. Noticed that as I turn the
> preset knob, the indicator moves with it (shorted together somehow?), so
> pushing the start button does nothing, as it thinks it's already where it
> has to be. Any ideas what happened? what to look for?
> Tnx/Barry

Denny, K8DO already answered this, but I will add to his excellent
input - the POT at the rotor gets an intermittant.  Resulting in a
catch22 - the pot is open so you can not rotate the antenna to turn
the pot to get past the intermittant.  In may case the fault was
fixed by high winds that moved the pot for me.

TIC should come out with a fix for this problem.   My ring has been
up for about 1.5 years - not real long...

73, John K1FWF

John D. Allen, jallen@vhfcom.com