Contesters/Stock Market Correlation

Subject: Contesters/Stock Market Correlation
From: Fred Hopengarten" <k1vr@k1vr.jjm.com (Fred Hopengarten)
Has it ever occurred to you that there is a correlation
between contesting and the stock market?

OH2BH is visiting with telecommunications officials and
travelling to places like Albania, North Korea, China,
Macau.  Hmmm.  Perhaps Nokia is expanding into new
international markets like crazy.

W6QHS is a fun kinda guy and things he does work.  I'll bet
California Microwave is a pretty interesting place.

K1EA is employee #11 at Stratus Computer.  They build a nice
computer.  He leaves, the company announces layoffs.

K3NA is selling like crazy for Alcatel overseas (how else do
you think he gets those frequent flyer miles?).  They must
have something interesting going on.

KJ4VH seems to be overseas a lot.  UPS is creating a bigger
presence globally.

K1DG seems to be absent on business trips a lot.  I'll bet
Analog-Devices is doing well.

I am sure that there are other stories out there involving
contesters that just don't come to mind at the moment.
Furthermore, while AC1O/4 and K2SX are contester stock
market analysts, I'm not.

Post hoc, ergo propter hoc.  [After, therefore because of.]
A Latin expression for a logical fallacy.  I understand that
stock market analysis by anecdote is not characterized by
rigorous causal relationships.   However, I would remind you
of these facts.  In 1990, Continental Cablevision owned 46
percent of my company, Channel One.  They proceeded to buy
out my shares and those of my partner.  After I was gone,
things only got better for Continental Cablevision, which
sold out to U.S. West today.
--
                      Fred Hopengarten K1VR
           Six Willarch Road * Lincoln, MA 01773-5105