/

Subject: /
From: Skoch92707@aol.com (Skoch92707@aol.com)
Date: Sat Mar 16 11:45:15 1996
Subj:   Re: Dr. Who?
From:   Skoch92707
To:     ramirezk@emi.com

> At least there are a few of us on here who use your approach.
>    I sure would like to run into some of these guys at Dayton
>to see if they would talk to me personally the way they do here
>on the invisible I-Net. Ken KP4XS/W4

It is not likely that they would speak to you at all. They are pretty full of
themselves (not to mention each other). I like the guy who listed his
favorite contesters, then had to spend a couple of days apologizing for all
the people he forgot to list. Pathetic. He wouldn't want to anger anyone or
anything like that. One way, but not the only way, to measure an ego is by
the size of the signature file. If it lists several callsigns, occupations,
mottos, an inflated view of one's home town, etc., watch out. Then check for
a border around the whole mess. Oh boy! I have taken some heat for not
including my name and call in my posts. I just do the opposite of what I find
excessive. I feel no need to self promote. If the only meaningful posts come
from a certain list of top contesters, then this reflector resembles the
WRTC. A fine thing for those accepted, but not really an open discussion.

I can post no more, however, for I have been revealed by KA9FOX. His logic is
impeccable, he used his superior intellect to find my true identity. He has
been awarded the Nancy Drew trophy for excellent sleuthing. Even though his
sig file contains advertising. Oh well. Maybe he will contact me personally,
now that he knows we are nearly neighbors. I have a nice big gold trophy for
him. Goodbye all, I will miss the hate mail. Sorry I shook up the
establishment (barely). I did not realize differing viewpoints were a crime.

The best thing I have ever said? This: 73 forever de skoch92707

ps. Enjoy WRTC-96, I know I will.