WPX portables

Subject: WPX portables
From: ke6ber@usa.pipeline.com (ke6ber@usa.pipeline.com)
Date: Thu Mar 21 03:47:53 1996
Here's a WPX question for everyone.  How does KE6BER/1 count in WPX?  Do I
count as KE1?  Or as W1?

Al, KE6BER/1, ke6ber@usa.pipeline.com

From: H. L. Serra" <hlserra@pwa.acusd.edu (H. L. Serra)
Subject: Dxpeditions and The Skinniest Cat

I'm glad this subject came up. Our 6E2T gang has prided itself on doing
DXpediton to Ensenada BC Mex on the REAL CHEAP. We own all the gear
necessary to set up two stations field day style. Out of towners get to
one of our houses in San Diego, then the six of us drive to Ensenada in
two cars, each with a trailer (rental is about $50). We each bring our own
food for grazing/cooking during the test, and the beach house we rent
costs us about $30 per head for the four nights we stay there. For this
you get a beautiful strech of Cape Cod-like, uninhabited beach, a
beautiful view of Punta Banda at sunrise, and LOTS of QSOs-- enough to win
ARRL DX CW (M/2) in '95, and put us in top ten world for '95 WPX SSB.
Biggest expenditure is Sunday night post-contest dinner of lobster tacos
and Cerveza Tecate (~US$8-12). Let's see, the cost/QSO/op (cQo) factor would
be (for ARRL DX CW) US$140/1000= $0.14/Q. Any lower cQo out there?
73, Larry N6AZE (just recovering from a MORE expensive ONE day business trip
                 to downtown LA)