W6UQF

Subject: W6UQF
From: tonyjw@primenet.com (Tony Wanschura)
Date: Wed Jun 26 08:21:00 1996
I'm very saddened to hear of Charlie's passing.

I haven't done much contesting in recent years, but before shutting
down I would always turn the beam to California and listen for his
characteristic fist and code speed. We'd briefly exchange greetings
and news, knowing that we'd certainly run across each other again in
the next cw ss or cw sprint.

I met Charlie and his wife a few years ago as they passed through
Minnesota enroute to their anticipated retirement property in
northern Wisconsin.  He and I had a few beers together and talked
contesting far into the night.  He was my friend, an enthusiastic
contester, and a good man.  I will miss him.

Tony
KM0O     (kayMOO)