WRTC hints

Subject: WRTC hints
From: foggie@dtx.net (foggie)
Date: Tue Jul 2 23:32:40 1996
Derick;
I am laughing so hard I can hardly type. Very witty!

>23. If your partner asks you to check out 15 meters, just listen in the
>    novice band.

Thios one, despite being true, kind of bugs me. How do we entice novices and
tech pluses into contesting? And after all isn't that where we should be
starting the "recruiting" drive? One thing I've thought about is a special
category for novice/tech plus. Would that entice any into the sport? I was
first bitten by the contest bug in 1978 when I was a novice, and the band
(including the novice portion) was packed. (old call was KA8HFS, now if that
didn't stink during a contest you tell me what did :) ) Perhaps with a
special category for those who cannot enter the other parts of the band we
can get some action there too?

73,
Al - kk5zx

E-Mail: foggie@dtx.net            | Snail-Mail: Allen Fogleson
                                  |             Fort Polk, La 71459
This message was sent by XF-Mail free of charge, and is 100% microsoft free!
For more information on remaining microsoft free try http://www.redhat.com/