August CQ and QST out

Subject: August CQ and QST out
From: w9sz@prairienet.org (Zack Widup)
Date: Thu Jul 18 08:48:24 1996

>Now, on to the latest issue of QST....
>
>Nothing directly related to ham radio in front cover photo of a river
>paddleboat and bridge (wait a minute!, maybe this is a recent Field Day site,
>that bridge was possibly used as a Beverage antenna for 160, or the boom for
>a 80/160 yagi, and the river current turned the paddle wheel which was
>connected to a generator; WOW!).

Hey, that's a photo from scenic Peoria, home of the 1996 ARRL Convention
(and a scant 100 miles from here!)

C U there!

73, Zack W9SZ
Urbana, IL

From: floydjr@Interpath.com (Jimmy R. Floyd) (Jimmy R. Floyd)
Subject: MULTIs IN IARU CONTEST

I receieved this message today. I am just another ham in a contest and have
nothing do with rules or policy so I thought I would post it to the
reflector since it is a question concerning the contest. If anyone can help
the gentleman please respond to him direct.

The below message does not reflect any my personal views.

73's Jim