September CQ out

Subject: September CQ out
From: HENRYPOL@aol.com (HENRYPOL@aol.com)
Date: Fri Aug 23 22:47:53 1996
Just got back from several days business trip in Worcester, MA.  I envy you
New Englanders for your pleasant summer weather!  So I stopped by the PO box
this morning and was pleased to find the September issue of CQ.

This month's cover photo (KC1XX's 200 ft tower) is probably the worst one I
can remember in a long time.  Ninety percent is out of focus!  The upper
antennas are barely distinguishable as antennas.  It's a good thing there is
a writeup (still in fine print!) on page 2, otherwise one would be hard
pressed to determine what is on the upper portion.  Why couldn't we have had
a picture of something from 96-WRTC?

So what's in this issue.....

Contesting related:  Results - 1995 CQ WWDX SSB Contest; Results - 1996 WRTC;
Bill's Basics - CW operating tips; Rules for the 96 CQ WWDX Contest; and
Contest Calendar - tips for improving CW contesting skills

Other interesting items:  Doug's Desk - VHF transmatch design; Packet User's
Notebook - MFJ-8621 packet-only 2 meter rig; VHF Plus - more on the little
LEOs; DX - on being a DX Lid; "Hello World, DE Cycle 23"; and Propagation -
Cycle 23 may have begun!

73 and good reading,
Henry Pollock - WB4HFL
henrypol@aol.com