September CQ out

Subject: September CQ out
From: jefray@comsys.net (Jerry Fray)
Date: Sat Aug 24 04:14:10 1996
HENRYPOL@aol.com wrote:

> Just got back from several days business trip in Worcester, MA.  I envy you
> New Englanders for your pleasant summer weather!  So I stopped by the PO box
> this morning and was pleased to find the September issue of CQ.
>
> This month's cover photo (KC1XX's 200 ft tower) is probably the worst one I
> can remember in a long time.  Ninety percent is out of focus!  The upper
> antennas are barely distinguishable as antennas.  It's a good thing there is
> a writeup (still in fine print!) on page 2, otherwise one would be hard
> pressed to determine what is on the upper portion.  Why couldn't we have had
> a picture of something from 96-WRTC?
>
> So what's in this issue.....
>
> Contesting related:  Results - 1995 CQ WWDX SSB Contest; Results - 1996 WRTC;
> Bill's Basics - CW operating tips; Rules for the 96 CQ WWDX Contest; and
Henry -
        Did you notice the nifty little MFJ-414 the author reviewed in this CW
piece?? Looked so good I wanted one. Called MFJ and guess what? It's NOT
available for at least six months, the author apparently got ahold of a
proto-type. There isn't even a PRICE available from MFJ. Makes ya wonder
doesn't it???????

-73-
Jerry KB9NMU