PACKET CHEATING

Subject: PACKET CHEATING
From: ke1fo@contesting.com (Alfred J. Frugoli)
Date: Wed Oct 2 01:49:52 1996
> ctually, a person doesn't have to be CONNECTED to the local packet cluster to
> "use" it.  One can set their TNC to monitor un-connected packets sent to other
> stations and get all the DX spots that way and no one would ever be the wiser.
> It's a problem, no doubt about it.
>
> 73, Bill W7LZP
> wrt@eskimo.com

What about the opposite scenario?  A SO unassisted can make spots to
the cluster, just not use them.  If I remember correctly, CT will not
allow you to see any of the packet windows in SO mode but it will let
you make spots.  So a SO could be connected to the cluster and still
be lagitimate.
--
Al, KE1FO, ex. KE6BER    ke1fo@contesting.com or ke6ber@tiac.net
                                      http://www.tiac.net/users/ke6ber