Multiple Band SS QSO's

Subject: Multiple Band SS QSO's
From: prestonj@ix.netcom.com (Jim Preston)
Date: Tue Nov 5 08:08:24 1996
Robert Wanderer wrote:

> And how much stock in software purveyors do you hold?

Absolutely zero. The changes needed in the various contest programs
would be small, and could be included in the next release of such
programs.

> Keep it as it is--to do otherwise would ruin its uniqueness and
> flavor.  There are enough contests for the M/M folks!

Nowhere did I say anything about allowing M/M in the contest. This could
still be a single transmitter contest. Also, no need to have multipliers
count on each band - they could still be counted only once.

Incidentally, I am one of the antenna / band challenged. I have a good
antenna on the high bands, and nothing more than a vertical on 40 / 80.
I still think, however, that the contest would be more interesting if
multi-band QSO's were allowed. It gets very boring to hear a large
number of stations CQ'ing and you can't work them because you worked
them on another band.

73

Jim WA6UFY

--