SS - Biggest QFU

Subject: SS - Biggest QFU
From: BK1ZX70SFL@aol.com (BK1ZX70SFL@aol.com)
Date: Thu Nov 7 00:04:25 1996
Andrew....disqualification would only be appropriate if you tried to claim
points for the duplicate contacts.

Don't sweat it.

You learned the most important thing is to READ (and re-read) THE RULES
BEFORE EVERY CONTEST!

If a contest sponsor changes the rules for a contest you have done for years
anyone can find themself in the same kind of predicament!

If it helps, I screwed up years ago when I was your age when I made my SS off
times all 15  minutes long... no biggie you say? One thing...I was working at
the ARRL at the time - you talk about "DUH"!

Clean up the dupes, if you submit your log with them in it as Zero point QSOs
they are actually great "fodder" for the log checkers...you see you might
have been KT4LD on one band and KT4LB on another! But that's a unique
situation.

I am sure your fellow club members will probably reward you for your fine
performance in SS with something notable, like a lifetime supply of dupe
sheets...shoot you probably are too young to even know what those are....we
used them before computers dupe checked out logs, for real!

I am sure PVRC will appreciate your points, after you clean out the dupes,
and probably award you a special novelty prize....years back I seem to
remember a west coast op awarded several hams with rubber alarm clocks, but
their error was a lil different.

Don't worry - make contacts!

73,

 Old Jim