SS ck, club call??

Subject: SS ck, club call??
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Fri Nov 15 00:12:15 1996

>So a multi-op station changes its CK each time a new op takes over?
>Makes more sense for all the ops to use the year of the club's
>license.  At the U. TX club we always use 55, whoever is operating -
>we don't really know the correct year but it's nice on CW and at
>least we are consistent.  I can't really see a new club member
>sending 96 and then we change ops and I send 87 (or do I use 58
>for my first license, even though it wasn't from this country?).

     Hey, it's just a NUMBER!

     As long as you use the SAME NUMBER all weekend, it really doesn't matter
much which one you use.

73,  Steve  K7LXC

From: oo7@astro.as.utexas.edu (Derek Wills) (Derek Wills)

        >So a multi-op station changes its CK each time a new op takes over?

             Hey, it's just a NUMBER!
             As long as you use the SAME NUMBER all weekend, it really
             doesn't matter much which one you use.  Steve  K7LXC

My question (above) was asked in an incredulous tone that perhaps
doesn't come across in e-mail.   What I should have said was "if
you adopt what [the poster] says, a multi-op station would have
to change its CK every time a new operator took over, and this is
unrealistic".

Sigh,
Derek AA5BT, G3NMX
oo7@astro.as.utexas.edu