QSO B4!!!!

Subject: QSO B4!!!!
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Mon Nov 18 13:51:21 1996

>During the CW weekend of SS, particularly the last few hours, I
>received too many QSO B4 responses. I understand how it can happen but
>I preface my exchange with the call of the station I'm working.
>While these Q's are not uniques are there any attempts made to correct
>for Q's claimed by only one of the operators?

Hi, Len --

     You call me while I'm running, I enter your call and CT pops up with
**DUPE**, I don't work you.  If I haven't worked you before, how did your
call get into my computer?

     Are you using a computerized logging program?  Do you check to see if
you've worked a station before you call them?  My biggest gripe is that many
running stations just say "QRZ" at the end of their current contact without
identifying.  In that case, it may be a dupe since you haven't been able to
ID the guy first.

   Good ops will log you and tell you it's a dupe in a one or two seconds
from their logging program.  I would tend to believe them since most of them
are running and just answering stations that are callling them.  The onus of
logging is on the calling station as well.  Perhaps more so to avoid second
calls and dupes.  Check your log before calling.  In cases where he's not in
your log, you may be SOL because the station may not want to dupe you or give
you the missing information in your log.  This is all part of learning how to
operate SS successfully.

73,  Steve  K7LXC