Are QRP skills transferrable?

Subject: Are QRP skills transferrable?
From: Kx9x@cris.com (Kx9x@cris.com)
Date: Mon Nov 18 17:33:07 1996
Hiya, gang-

After a rough SS SSB this weekend  (QRP and wires...Masochism Incarnate),
I've more or less decided that I'm not gonna do SSB QRP anymore (I am a
Cubs fan, though...my battle cry is 'wait till next year!')

Running the weekend back in my mind, I got to thinking about all the S &
P=EDng I did... careful, methodical harvest of each band, and then going =
and
doing it all over again. Call =E9m twice. If you don't get an answer, mov=
on.. they'll be around on the next pass.

Not wanting to open a huge can of worms, is it fair to say that the skill=
developed by the best QRP=E9rs are radically different than the KW folks,=
 or
is it just pileup skills to the n'th degree? With a setup like I had this
past weekend, finding a run freq would be a difficult task (though not
impossible). S & P would be the main way to get Q's. SInce everybody has
to go S& P=EDng at SOME point, I was just curious if folks thought there =
was
a difference in the approach to S & P.

Thanks to all who worked me this weekend.

73,

Sean Kutzko KX9X
Elkhart, IN