SSTV Window

Subject: SSTV Window
From: blckhole@ripco.com (Keith Morehouse - W9RM)
Date: Tue Nov 19 11:07:08 1996
AA8U wrote:

> I noticed the usual assortment of anti-contest "turf protectors" this
> weekend during SS SSB.
>
> This is not news, but I think I found a new "SSTV window" at or about > 3812.

I was tuning around on 75 last night and listened in for quite a while
on 3813 +/-.  Looks like the usual assortment of W5 pig farmers and
hanger-on wanna-be farmers.  One guy was bragging about bypassed TX SSB
filters in his TS-xyz and how he can send an SSTV signal that's over 15
KHz wide.  He was demo'ing it too !

It sounds like they have a beef with the "anti-farmers" on 3815 and with
contesters in general.  I guess they were sending unflattering pix of
both groups to each other.

I don't think we've heard the last of THIS bunch.  What ever happened to
peer pressure ???

Oh, at least they all seem to be pretty puny-weak compared to the REAL
professional QRM'ers from roughly 82 KHz higher...if they trash you,
laugh at 'em and tell 'em to get a signal.

PROBE ELECTRONICS 100 Higgins Road, Park Ridge IL 60068 USA
Keith J. Morehouse /  W9RM  / Society of Midwest Contesters
847-696-2828  FAX: 847-698-2045  e-mail: blckhole@ripco.com