CQWWCW: ZM2K score & gossip.

Subject: CQWWCW: ZM2K score & gossip.
From: wk@frc.niwa.cri.nz (Wilbert Knol)
Date: Mon Nov 25 21:14:02 1996
The following score was quickly scribbled on the back of a fish &
chips pack before the plugs were ripped out in the cleanup frenzy...

Call:    ZM2K
Country: New Zealand
Zone:    32
Class:   Multi/Multi

CQWW-CW 96 Results:

Band     Q     Z     C     D
160      31    11    13    3
80       424   24    52    9
40       1215  26    83    8
20       777   32    97    24
15       1792  32    84    85
10       267   12    20    6
ALL      4506  137   349   135

Score (provisional) 6,418,116

Ops: ZL2AIZ, ZL2AGY, ZL2AHC, ZL2AL, ZL2BA, ZL2IR, ZL2BSJ.
Support: ZL2AMI, ZL2UDF, ZL2ASD

The score is still subject to the traditional 'massaging of
the logs' process :-) No further details as yet available
as the support crew removed all computing equipment in order
to restore the contest premises into its original state, ready
for occupation by wool & mutton producing inhabitants.

The score brought a grin to our unshaven faces: almost 3 times
the 96 CQWW SSB score a month earlier. 'My' band (15) went well,
with good runs into the USA (with long path EA) in the local
morning, and lots of JA in the afternoon and evening, followed
by Europe (short path) right through to 1AM local time. No Africa was
worked on 15, and again we missed zone 12 who were beaming north and
didn't hear us. Also missed zone 40 (TF) on 15.

A great time was had by all. Malcolm ZL2UDF reckoned he dropped his
keys through the slats in the woolshed floor and faces a crawl under
the building through the you-know-what to recover them :-(

We have a full year to rub it into the SSB boys :-) Hope you managed
to work us. See you next
year.

Wilbert, ZL2BSJ.

--
Wilbert Knol, EE,  Acoustic Group, Marine Research,
Nat. Inst. of Water and Atmospheric Research Ltd.