160 M DX window

Subject: 160 M DX window
From: KS6Z@sprynet.com (Dan Keefe)
Date: Sun Nov 24 22:12:57 1996
Dear OM,

While lI don't use 160 at all and you can be assured that I won't
interfere with your contest activities on that band I have to say that
the "DX window for contestes" is a figment of your imagination in all
ways other than custom and practice.

Whoever KC1XX is I strongly encourage him to chase DX wherever he is
licensed to operate, with or without your approval.

You have a hell of a nerve Mr.!

Dan Keefe  KS6Z

>From aa9ax@iglou.com (Steven Sample)  Thu Nov 28 02:07:51 1996
> While lI don't use 160 at all and you can be assured that I won't
> interfere with your contest activities on that band I have to say that
> the "DX window for contestes" is a figment of your imagination in all
> ways other than custom and practice.
>
> Whoever KC1XX is I strongly encourage him to chase DX wherever he is
> licensed to operate, with or without your approval.
>
> You have a hell of a nerve Mr.!
>
> Dan Keefe  KS6Z

Dan-

I think you are right...it DOES take a lot of nerve to stand up and say
what you believe in.  I question why you act so flabbergasted about a
band and situation of which you apparently have little knowledge.

If you have any regard for the attempt of the ARRL and others to make the
DX Window a viable possibility, I fail to understand your callous
comments.

There are several flagrant violators who wreck the "window" for others who
are not fortunate enough to be well-positioned with geography,
equipment, antennas, or even superior operating skill.  I personally feel
that asking U.S. amateurs to preserve a tiny 5 khz window in the 2000 khz
band for DX stations to call CQ is not tantamount to placing a burdon on
them.

Frankly, guys like you annoy me...but I guess someone else annoyed you
too-hence your post!

73,

Steve / N9FD