About non mult qsos worked on mult stn (CQWW multi-single)

Subject: About non mult qsos worked on mult stn (CQWW multi-single)
From: pasi.luoma_aho@sysopen.fi (Pasi Luoma-aho)
Date: Mon Dec 2 10:57:21 1996
Bill, KM9P & K4AAA wrote:

> Same thing happened to me (sorta).  I found IQ4A calling CQ TEST MULT de
> IQ4A IQ4A.  Well, I had to be a multiplier right?  He worked me with someone
> elses callsign.

Very interesting.  And if you happened to work them again when their
running station finally was on that very same band they even got the qso
points from you into their real contest log...?

I don't know (anymore) whether I have been dreaming or not, but I think
I have read (or at least understood) from somewhere (I think from an
article in CQ Contest Magazine) that *if* the mult station is calling
cq, all the qsos should (of course) be logged into the real contest log,
and all those non mult qsos should (of course) count 0 points.  Thus the
disadvantage of calling cq on mult station being that you WILL NOT and
you SHOULD NOT get qso points from those stations that have been worked
as non mult qsos on mult station on the same band.

In my opinion working the non mult qsos with someone elses callsign sure
is very much questionable, if not even against the (unwritten ?) rules
of CQWW multi-single category.
Forgive me, if I'm wrong. There's always something new to be learned...

73 de Pasi OH2IW

(E-mail: OH2IW@sysopen.fi)