Summary - Claimed Scores Canada Winter Contest

Subject: Summary - Claimed Scores Canada Winter Contest
From: ve2zp@bbs.ve3jf.ampr.org (ve2zp@bbs.ve3jf.ampr.org)
Date: Wed Jan 1 18:31:18 1997
1996 RAC Canada Winter Contest

Here are some claimed or rumoured scores reported on the air, by e-mail
packet or telephone:

Single Op All Bands High Power
Call    QSOs Mul   Score
VE3KZ   941   91   628,810
VE3XL   749   63   339,948
VY1JA   564   60   275,168
VA3ZC/8 339   38   103,664 Yes, he was in NWT

Single Op All Bands Low Power (100w max)
Call   QSOs  Mul   Score
VE7CFD  510   56   221,536
K6LL    415   66   216,480
AB5LX   354   54   146,664
VA3JFF  222   55   110,440
VE3GNU   51   20     9,600

Single Op Single Band
Call   MHz QSO Mul Score
VA3SK  3.5      24       - first-ever 80m sweep in RAC contest history

Multi-op
Call  QSOs Mul Score
VE6JY 2336 114 1,620,168
XM5RAC 648  69   275,040 (at VE5RI)
VE6RAC 443       150,000 (at VE6TUR/VE6LND)
VE6ZA  307  43   108,188

Conditions were great, especially on the low bands, and we may see a few
more records fall.

The popularity of the Stew Perry Distance Challenge made things tough for
our contest on 160m.  Many ops complained that some US stations refused to
send serial numbers for RAC contest participants even after our folks
obliged them with grid squares.  We can coexist, can we not?

The address for contest entries has changed.  Please send your entry by
31 January to:  RAC Canada Winter Contest,
                720 Belfast Road - Suite 217
                Ottawa ON  K1G 0Z5  CANADA.
Logs sent to the old address WILL be forwarded.

These claimed scores will appear in the March issue of The Canadian Amateur
(TCA).  Full results will appear in the May issue of TCA.  Copies
the the full results and write-up will be mailed to every entrant.

Thanks for participating.

73, Dave Goodwin VE2ZP/VE9CB
    RAC HF Contest Manager
    ve2zp@bbs.ve3jf.ampr.org