DEMISE OF BUDDING CONTESTER

Subject: DEMISE OF BUDDING CONTESTER
From: K7SV@aol.com (K7SV@aol.com)
Date: Sat Jan 4 09:59:36 1997
The following was posted on 3830 yesterday:

"Subj:  No more contesting...
From:   jegold@inu..net (Jimmy Goldsberry)
Sender: owner-3830@akorn.net
To:     3830@contesting.com

Jason, AB5LX, will no longer be participating in contesting, nor will he
be found operating phone.
 As his parents, we regret that the actions of a few have affected his
broad range participation on HF.
 He has made many friends through amateur radio. Those wishing to QSO
with him can find him by looking on the CW bands.

Jimmy and Brenda Goldsberry
KC5FR,    KA5DDV"

I tried to respond to the Goldsberry's to get a better idea as to what
happened,
but my EMail bounced. I notice that some others such as K5GO responded
via 3830.  I wonder if AB5LX ran amuck of the pig farmers during fone SS. I
remember working Jason several times during IntSprint. Sharp op.

In line with past discussions on bringing new blood into contesting and
retaining existing contesters, this appears to add a new wrinkle. Does anyone
know what really happened in this case?  If the situation is as I interpret,
perhaps a tactful discussion with the Goldsberry's might provide some damage
control.

73 de Larry K7SV in VA - K7SV@aol.com