Spike's "mouth"

Subject: Spike's "mouth"
From: WM2H@aol.com (WM2H@aol.com)
Date: Sat Jan 25 08:39:02 1997
I didn't hear Spike say anything,  did you??

From: trey@cisco.com (Trey Garlough) (Trey Garlough)
Subject: [DX] TN-activity by DJ6SI

> Baldur showed up on 30 meters last night with a good signal on 10101, lsn up
> 1-2.
> 73  Rag  oz8ro

A good place to post this type of information would be the DX mailing
list, dx@ve7tcp.ampr.org.  CQ-Contest is the wrong place to post
DXpedition updates and inquiries, as well as inquiries about the
status of other ham-radio mailing lists and other non-contest issues.

I would also like to place a moratorium on the discussion of the
vanity callsign program, effective immediately.  I'm sorry.  I just
can't take it any longer.  It seems like a zillion people have
requested this, and I keep saying "Don't worry.  It will blow over as
soon as everyone gets their new calls."  Obviously I was wrong.

If someone feels there is a need for further public discussion on the
topic of vanity calls, please create a vanity callsign mailing list
and rekindle the discussion there.  Thank you for your consideration.

--Trey, N5KO