FT-1000mp Contest keyer Info

Subject: FT-1000mp Contest keyer Info
From: wt4k@bellsouth.net (Billy R. Gallier)
Date: Tue Jan 28 18:17:00 1997
I see couple guys asking abt the contest keyer in the 1000mp.
Maybe this will help:

The FT-1000mp Operating Manual's explanation of Contest Memory Keyer
operation may be somewhat incomplete.

1. Use the "lambic 2" keyer mode (Menu item 7-0)
2. The so-called "CQ Message" (activated by Key #1) is the message slot
which must be used for generation of a contest serial number (e.g. 599
001, 599 002, etc.)
3.  To imbed a contest serial number in a mesage, insert four question
marks ("????") at the point in the message where you want the contest
number.
 Four digits will not necessarily be sent, depending on whether you have
three- or four-digit contest number playback selected via Menu item 7-6.
But you must send four question marks (not three) to imbed the contest
number correctly.
4.  A contest number will not function in the "MSG 0" ~ "MSG 3" slots.
Hope this all helps.  These instructions were part of the FH-1 Remote
Control Key Pad and should apply to your keyer.  (I hope???)
de Bill   WT4K  (X-KQ4GC)