CW Sprint

Subject: CW Sprint
From: mark.obermann@andrew.com (mark.obermann@andrew.com)
Date: Mon Feb 10 16:52:00 1997

     CW Sprint this past weekend was a great event with terrific conditions
     for much of the country.  A great deal of activity stemmed from the
     number of teams that registered for the contest.  For those who helped
     assemble these teams, great job.  Many new "Sprinters" were introduced
     to the contest this past weekend.  I hope they enjoyed it enough to
     return in September.  Let's try to keep the activity level up.  SSB
     Sprint could also benefit from this type of activity, so keep that in
     mind next fall.

     There has been some problem with e-mail at my place of work.  I have
     received approximately 25 logs and have QSL'd these with e-mails.  If
     you do not receive a confirmation within a couple of days, try again.
     I will generate a list of received logs and post it shortly before the
     deadline.

     Although many of you use computers to contest, some still rely on
     pencil and paper (I did until this Sprint).  Please, please, please
     transfer paper logs into one of the popular logging programs before
     sending in your entry.  I know how long it used to take me to type in
     my log.  I can't imagine the time it would take to do a lot of them.

     The easiest way is to send your log in is to send it (and your summary
     sheet) to:

     cwsprint@contesting.com

     Please explicitly note whether the entry is low power of high power.

     Finally, the issue of moving the Sprint to Sunday has been raised
     again.  Please discuss this in the CQ-Contest forum.  You may also
     register your opinion by sending a note to the cwsprint@contesting.com
     address.

     73,
     Mark AG9A