Re; WPX CW date - Another conflict

Subject: Re; WPX CW date - Another conflict
From: ve2zp@bbs.ve3jf.ampr.org (ve2zp@bbs.ve3jf.ampr.org)
Date: Wed Feb 12 03:49:31 1997
In a message reported by Ernesto LU6BEG, Steve N8BJQ noted a JA domestic
contest, and the new ontario QSO Party as possible conflicts for the last
weekend of April.  There is also the venerable Swiss "H-26" contest, which
has been on the last weekend of April for many years.  No matter what weekend
is nominated for the WPX CW, if it is to change, there will be a conflict with
some small contest or other.

This is not a reason not to change.  It just means that the change may require
a little diplomacy and negotiation to achieve.  This takes time.  So, folks,
don't circle the last weekend of April for '97, '98 or '99.  Maybe early in the
new century a new date can be arranged for the WPX CW.

While Steve seems to be open to a change, is he yet convinced to do the work
involved in achieving it?  His plate may be quite full enough.

Is there a serious, thoughtful person out there who can taek on the job of
developing and compiling a concensus of the need for a new date, then do the
additional work of negotiating with the sponsors of contests who may be obliged
to move because of it?

It's all well to tub-thump about changing the date, but if it is to be done, it
should be done seriously and thoughtfully.

Notwithstanding my suggestion about the work involved, I strongly support the
idea of an earlier date for the WPX CW.  I don't support it so strongly that I
am willing to do the work.

73, Dave VE2ZP/VE9CB
Packet: VE2ZP@VA3TCP.#EON.ON.CAN.NOAM
InterNet: ve2zp@va3tcp.ampr.org