[CQ-Contest] Other interesting tidbits from KP2

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Other interesting tidbits from KP2
From: Fatchett.Mike@tci.com (Fatchett, Mike)
Date: Tue Mar 4 16:03:02 1997
I hope I never have to operate from anywhere that I have to sign
portable!!!!

I will be hard pressed to operate from a US possession again.  The
frequency restrictions are a big disadvantage.

Sorry to those I missed on 80/40/20.  I tried 160.  I could not get W4ZV
so I figured what was the point!  I heard many stations on 75 listening
down but never on their own transmit frequency.  Myself and a portable
VP2V called K5ZD for a few minutes with no luck and I tried others.
Those who did worked me.  I did try to run but had very little success.
Better luck next time!

It is sure fun being new blood on a band for an hour or so!  Huge rate
then nothing.  Good thing, I needed to get some sleep!

Packet spotting was not around much when I was at V47 in 86.  Being on
the end of a packet spot is incredible.  Almost instantly you have 50 or
more people calling. What a rush!

Congrats to all.  See you next time

Oh and those needing a QSL please be patient.  I am designing the card
as we speak!

Mike
W0MU