[CQ-Contest] Anyone ever set up near a Cell Phone Tower?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Anyone ever set up near a Cell Phone Tower?
From: readerl@goliath.sunyocc.edu (Larry Reader)
Date: Thu Mar 13 09:06:40 1997
Cellular One has just approached Lorrin, the owner of the Windwood Contest
station, WP2Z, about putting up a repeater about 60 ft from the main tower
at the station.  According to the engineer in PR I just spoke to it will be
a 100 w 800 mhz unit on a 50 ft pole with omni antenna on top.

Lorrin will not allow this instalation if it will interfere in any way with
WP2Z but if it won't, he'd love the monthly rental.  He asked for my advice.

All the trained parts of my brain say with that freq separation and power
and given the mode differences there shouldn't be an interference problem
but I thought I'd ask if anyone has had any experience with this type of
situation.

Thanks.

Larry
KE2VB