[CQ-Contest] WPX Contest

Subject: [CQ-Contest] WPX Contest
From: temurto@kauha.kauhajoki.fi (Teijo Murtovaara)
Date: Mon Mar 24 10:02:52 1997
At 13.48 23.3.1997 -0800, you wrote:
>> Rest of the WPX contest is super, off time and prefixes once per
>> contest are cool!
>
>Except it should go back to the 30-hour format.  Obviously this
>experiment of making it a 36 hour contest in order to promote more
>single-op DXpeditions has proven to be a bust.  It's time to for the
>powers that be to concede this point and return to the more
>competitive 30-hour format.
>
>--Trey, N5KO
>
>--
>CQ-Contest on WWW:        http://www.contesting.com/_cq-contest/
>Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST@contesting.com

I strongly agree with that. The change into 36-hour format made it very
difficult to compete with the south of europe from Finland (and other nordic
countries) because our openings are much shorter and we tend to have a lot
aurora. With the 30-hour format we have to choose very carefully when we
work so the knowledgwe of the propagation is very important and makes it
very interesting. Furthermore 30-hour format gives you more time to sleep
and it is easier next monday at the office. I think that with 30-hour format
we will get more serious participants. I think that in general we should try
to shorten the 48 hour format (Maybe we should keep CQWW as 48 hours). Nice
example of a good 24 hour contest is IARU.

CU in WPX SSB

Teijo OH6NIO