[CQ-Contest] CQ WPX points system

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQ WPX points system
From: KR2Q@worldnet.att.net (Douglas Zwiebel)
Date: Tue Mar 25 17:38:22 1997
I have carefully thought about it, and I've decided to agree
that the point system sucks.  But rather than make the points
for same country QSO's count more, I think they should count
less!  That way, much more strategy will be required when
calculating whether or not to work a new mult that is in
your same country.  I recommend -1 points per same country
qso.  I bet THAT will change things A LOT!

Here's a teaser:

At what point (score-wise: q's vs mults) does it make sense to
stop working same-country mults?  Can you develop the formula?
Think about it.  :-)

de Doug  KR2Q@worldnet.att.net